Sunday 25 December 2011

Year 2 Tailoring Processes: Week 3


Innovative shoulder padding


This is what my innovative shoulder pad looked like, i used four layers of felt material i then hand sewn the padding using a padding stitch. I sewed the shoulder seams to the shoulder padding and then sewed the edge of the padding to the sleeve seam. 

These are some images showing half a jacket with my innovative shoulder padding sewn onto the shoulder seams and sleeve seams. The innovative shoulder padding i made looks really big and bulky, which was my inttention of creating an over sized shoulder pad.

 Front View


 Front view close up


 Back View 

By producing a sample of a shoulder pad has enable me to create my own innovative shoulder pad. I researched innovative shoulder pads and liked the oversized,
structured style shoulder pads. I created a small bulky shoulder pad, it added a lot of height to the shoulder inside the half jacket as you can see from the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment