Monday 16 May 2011

Interdisciplinary Week 3 and 4 Concept and Design Development

Concept(Ideas Sheets)

My concept is based on the idea of a flat pack garment, which appears to be flat and then opens out into a full length garment. In order to understand the design behind me concept i've been working on a stand in order to think of ways of how i want my garment to look like as well as how it will be designed.

For this sheet i thought about designing some garment by using my sample on a stand as inspiration, to creating these three designs above that come away from the body and inform the idea of it being a 3d garment that's not really fitted.

For this sheet i used a hexagon shape from my research and though about manipulating the shape in many ways as possible and thought about placing it straight on the body as you can see. I feel these sort of ideas support what i want my garment to look like as something that comes away form the body, interesting as a flat pack garment to the customer. 

For this sheet i thought about the small sample i created on the stand didn't really create a full garment idea, instead i took what i had created and then ended up creating something that was too flat and fitted. This design idea didn't support my concept of it being flat pack and not so fitted to the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment