Saturday 5 November 2011

Year 2 Applied Fashion Design:Design Work

Design Work

These are a small selection of some of my design work. Using my mood board as inspiration i used key elements that i thought could be used to create key designs onto different garments by developing it in different ways over across a wide range of garments. This enabled me to create a wide range that would benefit me being able to create my key six pieces for my collection. I felt that now i could move onto create my collection as i had more than enough design ideas. I used key elements to explore through a wide range of mens sportwear clothing to see which key detail worked the best and developing more until i was happy i a range of outfits for this collection.

For this sheet i did some designs taking inspiration from my mood board i created a zig zag pattern i reduced and enlarged in size as a possible design for some jumpers as you can see above.
Taking inspiration from key imagery from my mood board of an entwined and layered mesh, i used elements of the image as inspiration for creating these design on these jackets and coats. I thought about having key detail just on the front of the jacket or on the sleeves to bring out the simple key silhouettes.
From there i moved on to creating a range of tops/hooded tops featuring a diamon, geometric shape. I thought about enlarging and reducing the size of the detail, to show developed variations on a range of different tops. 
These are a range of bottoms i designed taking inspiration from my mood board using a mesh, enwined image. I was thinking about how it could be adapted as key detail on a range of bottoms. I used key detail as part of a a panelled design or a interesting pocket design.
Silhouette Boards


By drawing a wide range of design work ideas for Tops/Shorts/Pants/Jumpers/Jacket/Cardigans enabled me to choose my key eight pieces, which are seen here as my key eight pieces front and back view.
I chose a range of tops,jackets,shorts and pants.



1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article, Its good and Informative.
    fashion design course

    ReplyDelete