Saturday 5 November 2011

Year 2: Applied Fashion Design Summer Reasearch

Summer Research

My starting point began by looking at the trend i was given "Men's Sport Fashion" S/S '13.I was dreading the thought of mens sports wear as all i could think of was casual sportswear you see in sports shops. The theme i was given was called "Earthly". Images that came to me was nature, natural environment, natural materials and texture. I was asked to create my own interpretation of this trend through my own mood board/shape and structure/ attention to detail. I struggled with what sort of imagery to include within my moodboard but came up with mood board for the moment, as i intend to change my moodboard later on to something better.

 Mood Board
My mood board consists of images that represent natural materials/textures to landscape pictures. Featuring pantone colours and fabrics for this trend. I feel that this board is just my starting point as i will rearrange it until i'm 100% happy with it. 

Shape and Structure
These two pages are examples of shape and structure. Simple silhouette shapes used within creating the sports clothing above to looking at natural shapes/texture being possibles shapes/designs for sports fashion designs.



Attention to detail
For these two sheets of detail i was looking at padded stitching detail used within these sports jackets. Taking bits of it and enlarging/minimizing stitch size or combining different stitches to create similar effects from my inspiration. By creating stitch samples was a way of inspiring my research further by carrying this similar element within my design development.

No comments:

Post a Comment