Saturday 21 April 2012

Jewellery Elective: Final Piece

Final Body Adornment Piece

This is the final body adornment piece i made adapting one of my samples further into a final piece. For my final piece i added more acrylic pieces that i cut out and drilled a number of holes onto it. I made a range of different length chains to make sure this piece fitted right around the body, as well as being easily removed from around the body. I used brass to make big jump rings to put through the drilled holes. I also made a lot of small jump rings to make chains to join it all together to the big jump rings attached to the drilled holes. I'm happy with my final piece, as i thought it worked out really well with the materials i used. The colour of the brass complimented the blue colour of the acrylic and the size of the jumps rings were appropriate for the weight of the acrylic as it supported the weight.  
 
Full front view
Close-up bottom view
I cut out two pieces out the same twice as i wanted to have a mirror image as a centre of attention to balance out the design of the body piece.
Close-up front view
You can see the large jump rings which are attached to the drilled holes and then attached to the small jump ring chains.

 
Side View
Back View
The piece of acrylic has four holes drilled onto it, with chains draped down attached to the front of the body. This is to ensure it fits accuratly around the body.





No comments:

Post a Comment