Monday 27 December 2010

Creative Approaches To Fashion: Week 3 Isolating Shapes

Isolating Shapes

During this workshop i chose images from my artist research as well as my own photos i had taken for my research. By looking at research i chose parts of shapes and then placed them on an illustration in different ways and styles by cutting parts of it out, layering it up, collage, folding to create pleats and changing the position of it e.g. turning it upside down. By combing different shapes created many possible garment shapes which could be taken forward and then further development.

Here are some of my research sheets I did which show how I isolated shapes to create interesting possible garment shapes. By isolating shapes enabled me to take some of these possible garment shapes forward into possible design ideas.


As you can see from my research pages i isolated shapes from researched images and own photographs i took related to my research topic. I took the shapes forward by developing them further by creating samples and arranging them on a mannequin to give me ideas of possible garment shapes.











No comments:

Post a Comment