Monday 27 December 2010

Creative Approaches To Fashion: Week 1 Fashion Illustration Workshop

During fashion illustration workshop we had to draw a range of half scale mannequins which had pieces of clothing and objects arranged around and on it. I also had drawn parts of full scale mannequins that featured clothing arranged on it. Here are a range of illustrations I’ve drawn in the workshop, which i feel were the best ones i have drawn. By attending the fashion illustration workshop this enabled me to improve my illustration drawing skills, which has made me feel more confident in being able to draw fashion illustrations that are in proportion. The workshop has helped me to identify different techniques using different media to represent different textured fabrics, which is very useful when it comes to designing through fashion illustrations.

To create this drawing i used permanent marker pen, oil pastels as well as soft pastels to create this drawing.
By using a combination of media enabled me to create different techniques by using a wider range of mixed media.


This illustration is part of a full size mannequin that had clothes arranged on it. To draw this illustration i used a range of mixed media which were soft pastels, watercolours, marker pen, ink and patterned wallpaper. By combining different types of mixed media has helped me, to create different textures to represent the texture/colour of different fabrics on clothing.



I drew out this illustration using pencil and the collaged it using brown paper to create a textured effect, as the coat i drew was a textured fur material. The brown paper works well as it creates interesting texture. I didn’t manage to finish off this drawing as i spent time creating texture, which stands out on this illustration.
This is one of my favourite illustrations I’ve drawn, using bits of ripped patterned wallpaper to create an interesting background on a white background. I mixed black ink, pencil and soft pastel to create this illustration. By using black ink as my main media it creates an interesting see through illustration that works well with the patterned background.




No comments:

Post a Comment