Monday 27 December 2010

Fashion Art and Culture

Flapper Inspiration

My inspiration was based on the flappers lifestyle as well as what was going on during the time flapper's were around such as the culture they were surrounded by. By further developing reserach enabled me to experiment creating different possible clutch bag shapes as well as mixing shapes together to create different possible shapes.


Design Ideas

These are the two of final design ideas that i have drawn once i collected all my initial research for possible bag shapes. I only did two design ideas as i already knew what sort of clutch bag i wanted to create to celebrate the flappers lifestyle/culture at the time.



Final Design and Bag



This is the final design idea that i decided to choose go with in the end.






Here is a photo of the clutch bag i had made once i had taken my final design forward. During the process of making the clutch bag i had problems trying to sew it together, as i found it tricky to sew certain parts of the clutch bag together. At the end of this project I felt that I hadn't done enough as ispent too much time on doing the research, and not enough time and effort when it came to creating a clutch bag to celebrate "The Flapper's". 


Research

Here are some pictures of my flapper research as well as my other research based on other designers and artists.





Hussein Chalayan




Viktor & Rolf

Here are some pictures of my research based on Viktor & Rolf. 







No comments:

Post a Comment